Wednesday, November 24, 2010

PRESS: Velocity Holiday Gift Guide



"Lewis Black might be good for your college-age brother, but your hip niece who reminds you of "Juno" would prefer something hand-made from The Dandy Lion (310 Bank St., New Albany). Co-owner Katy Traughber goes straight to a collection of prints ($16) by artist Matt Cipov. "I think these are amazing," Traughber said. "I love 'em because I feel like they're really playful. I can see a guy or girl hanging these. I haven't seen anything like this in this area yet. I kinda like the creepiness about it, too." Both boys and girls have those times when they could use a drink, but aren't supposed to. For those times, Traughber recommends any one of their various flasks, and agrees with my manly selection of one in particular. "I like the skull flask ($22)," she said. "It's also got a little bit of art deco."


No comments:

Post a Comment